Breakfast is the first meal of the day. The type of food you have for breakfast plays a key role in deciding your mood for the day. Breakfasts ought to be light and full of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables. Here are two amazingly healthy breakfast recipes to kick start your day.
Healthy Breakfast Recipes – Scrambled Egg Tacos
Cooking duration – 20 minutes
An egg is a favorite breakfast ingredient. Almost everybody utilizes eggs in some way or the other in their breakfast, be it poached eggs, scrambled eggs or boiled eggs. Scrambled egg tacos consist of a filling of richly scrambled eggs inside a taco.
- Olive oil – two tablespoons
- Black beans rinsed – one cup
- Cumin seeds – half teaspoon
- Garlic, finely chopped – two cloves
- Kosher salt, as per taste
- Pepper, as per taste
- Baby spinach – three cups
- Lemon juice – one tablespoon
- Large eggs – six
- Large corn tortillas – six
- Sour cream – four tablespoons
- Queso fresco
1. In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon of oil. When the oil starts shimmering, add garlic cloves. Then add cumin and beans.
2. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the garlic turns golden brown. Now add spinach leaves in it and cook for two minutes.
3. Now remove the skillet from flame and toss the spinach leaves together until they do not wilt. Add fresh lime juice in it.
4. In a large bowl, add eggs, one tablespoon of water, half teaspoon of salt and pepper. Whisk the contents of the mixture together.
5. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and add the mixture of eggs. Cook with constant stirring to obtain appropriate doneness.
6. Now take corn tortillas and char them over a low flame.
7. Now take the tortillas and fill them with beans, scrambled eggs, sour cream, queso fresco, and cilantro. Serve the tortillas hot with a refreshing banana shake.
Healthy Breakfast Recipes – Tomato Toast With Macadamia Ricotta
Cooking duration: 25 minutes
Pieces of bread and toasts are one of the commonest things that we gallop down on our breakfast table without any much thought about it. However, here is an easy way to spice up your morning toast with rich tomatoes and macadamia ricotta.
For macadamia ricotta –
- Soaked macadamia nuts rinsed and dried – one cup
- Nutritional yeast – two tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar – two teaspoons
- Fresh lime juice – two teaspoons
- White mellow miso paste – two teaspoons
- Garlic cloves – two
- Water – ten tablespoons
- Fine-grain sea salt – ¼ teaspoon
For tomato toasts –
- Bread of your choice – six slices
- Tomatoes, sliced – two cups
- Julienned shiso – ¼ cup
- Black lava salt – a pinch
To prepare macadamia ricotta, proceed as follows –
1. Drain and rinse macadamia nuts. In a high-speed blender, grind yeast, vinegar, lemon juice, miso, garlic, and ten tablespoons of water. Do not forget to season the blend with salt.
2. Taste the ricotta and add more salt, lemon juice or water to obtain desired consistency. Then cover and refrigerate the ricotta for later use.
To prepare tomato toast, proceed as follows –
1. Now take the ricotta out of the refrigerator and spread it over the bread slice.
2. Add toppings of sliced tomatoes, julienned shiso and sprinkle black salt. Cut the toast into half and serve hot.
Breakfasts ought to be the healthiest meals of the day. Items such as eggs, bread are the commonest food ingredients people have for breakfast. Scrambled eggs are healthy and easy to digest. While tomato toasts with macadamia ricotta make up for a perfect breakfast meal. The above recipes are quick and easy to make. Do try the above healthy breakfast recipes for your next cooking endeavor.