An air fryer is the next generation of frying machines. They were designed to considerably reduce the fat content of fried food items and to reduce the cooking time. The air fryer can also be used to roast and bake food items. All you need is to simply apply a thin layer of oil or butter on the food item being fried or baked and cook it for some time in an air fryer. And your crisp and healthy fried food are ready. Here are two healthy air fryer recipes that can be cooked at home.
Air Fryer Recipe: Spinach And Turkey Pie
Spinach and turkey pie, originally known as ‘Spanakopita’ is a traditional Greek dish prepared as a filling of chopped spinach, onions, cheese, egg, and other seasonings. However, the Spinach and turkey pie is a combination of ‘Spanakopita’ integrated with a filling of turkey. Instead of baking the pie an air fryer is used.
- Cooked and shredded turkey – one cup
- Filo pastry – one pack
- Large-sized eggs – 2
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Medium-sized egg for egg wash – one
- Large, finely chopped onion – one
- Cream cheese – 250 grams
- Dried thyme – one tablespoon
- Feta cheese, crumbled – 100 grams
- Dried basil – one teaspoon
- Dried oregano – one tablespoon
- Salt, according to taste.
- Pepper according to taste.
To make air fryer recipe spinach and turkey pie –
1. Line a baking dish with rolled out sheet of filo pastry.
2. Mix the spinach, onion and the shredded turkey in a bowl. Mix in the cream cheese and feta cheese.
3. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and add the 2 eggs and fold the mixture till an even mixture is obtained.
4. Pour the turkey and spinach mixture into the pie dish lined with filo pastry so that it reaches the 3/4th level of the dish.
5. Cover the pie with more pie crust and brush the top of the pie with an egg wash. Air fry the pie for 20 minutes at 18℃. Your creamy and crispy spinach and turkey pie is ready to be served.
Air Fryer Fish Fritters
Fish fritters are a mouth-watering delicacy for meat-loving people. Fish fritter is fried fish protein complemented by veggies such as onion, garlic, chili, and other spices.
- 8-inch fish fillet
- 4 stale bread slices
- Coriander stems- small bunch
- Mint leaves- a small bunch
- Parsley – 1 sprig
- Thyme- 1 sprig
- Rosemary – 1 sprig
- Garlic, minced – 4 cloves
- Freshly grated black pepper – one teaspoon
- Salt, according to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil – one tablespoon
- Red chili flakes – one tablespoon
- Egg – one
- Refined wheat flour – two tablespoons
To make Air fryer fried fish fritters
1. Break the stale bread slices into pieces and grind it with coriander stem, mint leaves, thyme, rosemary, and garlic cloves so as to achieve a bread-crumbs like texture.
2. Take out this mixture in a bowl and add salt, pepper and red chili flakes to it.
3. Whisk an egg in a separate bowl and add the flour in it.
4. Coat the fish in egg and flour mixture and then coat the fish in the bread-crumbs mixture.
5. Preheat the air fryer at 180℃.
6. Oil the basket of the air fryer and then put the fish on it. Drizzle some oil on top of the fish.
7. Cook the fish in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 180℃. If the fish is still uncooked, cook it for 2 more minutes
8. Serve hot with a wedge of lemon and sauce.
The above dishes are easy to make, homemade air fryer recipes that can serve as a great party snack. The usage of air fryer makes the dishes healthy and also reduces calorie-content. So the next time you have a craving for crispy food try these air fryer recipes.