The slow cooker method of cooking is when a piece of meat is cooked for a considerably longer period. This method allows the seasoning and aroma of spices to subtly mix with the protein. Here are two amazing easy to make slow cooker chicken recipes that can cure your hunger in no time.
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe – Chicken Parmesan Pasta
Chicken parmesan pasta is chicken coated in a rich seasoning of garlic, dried herbs, oregano, etc. The seasoned chicken is cooked with the pasta in a slow cooker. What we get is a flavourful chicken and pasta with rich Italian seasoning.
- Chicken breasts – four
- Ragu pasta sauce – 500 grams
- Salt, as per taste
- Pepper, as per taste
- Oregano – two tablespoons
- Penne pasta – 400 g
- Mozzarella cheese, grated – half cup
- Parmesan cheese, grated – half cup
For making slow cooker recipe chicken parmesan pasta –
1. Add chicken to the slow cooker. Season with salt and freshly powdered black pepper.
2. Pour the pasta sauce over the seasoned chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
3. Place the lid of the slow cooker and set the heat at high for 4 hours or at low for 8 hours to cook the chicken.
4. Open the cooker and shred the cooked chicken with the help of two forks
5. Cook the pasta till al dente.
6. Add the cooked and strained pasta to the shredded chicken in the slow cooker.
7. Add the shredded mozzarella and parmesan to the chicken.
8. Place the lid of the slow cooker back and cook for about 15 minutes or till the cheese is melted.
9. Garnish with oregano sprinkled on top and serve hot.
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe – Honey Sesame Chicken
Honey sesame chicken is crispy chicken tossed in sublime sesame sauce and honey. This recipe is served as a wonderful starter. Slow cooking the honey sesame chicken makes the chicken even more flavourful. One can say honey sesame chicken is a chicken-version of honey-chili potato.
- Medium-large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts – three
- Corn starch – 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil – two tablespoons
- Coldwater – 1/2 cup
- Light soy sauce – 1/4 cup
- Sesame oil – 2 teaspoons
- Honey – 6 tablespoon
- Minced garlic – 2 teaspoons
- Ketchup – 2 teaspoons
- Rice vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Toasted white sesame seeds for garnishing
To make slow cooker recipe honey sesame chicken –
1. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces
2. In a bowl, mix the chicken pieces with corn starch to coat them evenly.
3. Drizzle a large heavy-based pan with oil and heat over medium heat.
4. Sear the chicken on all sides and remove from the heat.
5. Add the chicken to a greased slow cooker.
6. In a bowl, mix the water, 2 tablespoons of corn starch and whisk till completely mixed.
7. Now add soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ketchup, and rice vinegar to the corn starch slurry and mix to combine.
8. Pour this sauce over the chicken.
9. Cover and cook the chicken on low for 4 hours or at high for 2 hours.
10. Serve with cooked rice and garnish with sprinkling toasted sesame seeds. Your slow cooker chicken recipe, honey sesame chicken is ready to eat.
The above recipes are great party snacks that can be cooked conveniently in a slow cooker. Using slow cookers to prepare chicken-based recipes is like adding a new touch to these dishes. Originally, hard meat is cooked by the method of slow cooking but cooking chicken in a slow cooker requires more care and attention. Chicken being soft meat cooks fast so the slow cooker must be set to low.